February 4, 2017
Week five finished!!
This week I added to the flowers at the bottom of my hoop. I used the Tulip Stitch for…wait for it….tulips!! For the stems and leaves, I wanted to try something different from the stem stitch, so I pulled out the Backstitch from cross stitching days and the Detached Chain Stitch for the long leaves of the tulips. To finish the week, I added a crow button from a kit I purchased from my local needlework shop a long, long time ago….
While I was searching through my stash this morning for something to add, either a bee, or sun, or bird (which turned out to be the crow!) I found a kit that was published in 2000. Now, I am not sure if that means I bought it in 2000, but I know I purchased it when I was doing different stitches on linen. So, someday my stitches may be starting this kit…I shall see….
Stitch: Embellishment only, sorry!
Fiber/Embellishment: Polymer Clay Crow by from Hob-Nobb Designs, Inc. by Kam, used black cotton to attach.
Year to Day Ending February 4, 2017 – Week 5
Finished tulips and added bird.
I am not sure where I will go from here… I may use the Sunflower buttons from the kit the crow came from next week…Come back and find out!